The good news is that once the firmware update is released and third-party hard drive manufacturers’ products are certified, expanding PS5 storage will be simple. It appears complex, but it is well within your abilities.
Step-by-step instructions for implementing PS5 NVMe M.2 SSD expansion:
- The white cover of the PlayStation 5 is easily removable. Sony’s system works flawlessly; if you’re worried about breaking it in the process, don’t be. Put your fingers on the white exterior, and with a bit of pressure, it pops up and slides off.
- The hard drive expansion bay is easily accessible once the cover is removed. A small screwdriver is all that is required. Remove the cover plate first.
- On the left side of the bay, there’s a small screw with a spacer underneath it. When plugged in, this should sit at the very end of your card. So, measure your SSD card and, if necessary, relocate the spacer to the appropriate screw hole for your card. But don’t tighten it yet.
- Look for the small slot at one end of the empty bay. It accepts the business end of your NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD. Get down low so you can see right into it, and firmly insert the card at the slightest angle possible. It should feel as if it clicks into place.
- Once the SSD expansion card is in place, use the screw from step 3 to secure the SSD to the spacer.
- Replace the expansion bay cover and screw it back into place.
- After that, replace the white outer shell on your PS5. Simply align the plastic connection points with the holes and slide them down until you hear it click back into place. Again, the video above will tell you everything you need to know.
- Then start downloading more games. PlayStation Plus is an excellent place to start and is currently 25% off. Overall, the process is much faster and simpler than many expected.
What does an internal SSD for the PS5 cost?
We can estimate the price of the WD Black SN850 is compatible with an internal SSD storage expansion option for the PS5. The SN850 is offered in three capacities: 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB. In Australia, you can expect to pay $225, $419, and $839, respectively.
Another indicator is the FireCuda 530 with heatsink. You can choose between 500GB ($239), 1TB ($399), 2TB ($819), or 4TB ($1,499).
What is the best external SSDs for the PlayStation 5?
When shopping for a portable SSD hard drive for the PS5, we want to prioritize read and write speeds. This determines how long it takes a game to load and how well it runs and how long it takes to store the content in the first place. You don’t have to worry about security features or waterproofing because you’re just holding your games and staying inside. However, because games are large, size is essential.
Furthermore, because it will most likely be evident while sitting in your living room, you may want it to be discreet or eye-catching, depending on your style.
Leave a Reply