Many people find it difficult to purchase new games on the PlayStation Store. A few forums report Sony’s payment servers are invalidating mastercards at random.
You can’t use a MasterCard on Sony’s web store or PlayStation Store to purchase something there. As a result, you cannot buy digital goods and are experiencing a PS4 Mastercard problem.
Sony’s payment system requires bank statements to match payment details. There are many PlayStation support forums full of similar posts. Sony likely caused the issue, so you should contact your bank. The problem is frustrating when blame-passing doesn’t resolve it.
Fixing WS-43689-0 Ps4 Mastercard problem
There is an error code WS-43689-0 preventing PS Plus users from using the service. PlayStation Plus free trials and subscriptions have been interrupted by this error code for several months. It’s an easy fix. Fixing this error has some solutions. The steps below will guide you through the process of resolving this issue.
PS4 ‘Error code ws-43689-0’ fix
PS4 Servers Check
Before adjusting PS4 settings, check your device and Playstation. PSN servers can go down unexpectedly. Check the Playstation’s status page if it’s down. Whenever Playstation Network servers fail, the Sony team takes care of it. You can’t fix server-related issues with PS4 settings. Otherwise, you can continue with the remaining solutions.
There’s a chance your payment method is the issue. The MasterCard numbers on the PS4 may have confused some Mastercard users. Just the facts. On the Playstation, typing can be tricky.
Note: Don’t repurchase Playstation Plus until you’ve entered your card details correctly.
Re-register your Mastercard
There may have been a hack on your PSN account. Re-add your payment method to see if it goes away. PSN payment method re-registration steps:
- Go to PSN login in any browser.
- Go to Account Settings in your profile.
- You can now remove your existing payment method.
- You can now add your Mastercard details to the payment method.
- After that, try buying another PS Plus subscription on your Playstation 4.
Change your MasterCard
Occasionally, PS Plus subscriptions are unavailable if your current card has problems. Check your PSN account if your bank is having problems. If your other mastercards are working, contact your bank.
Error code WS-43689-0 on PS4 may indicate that PSN services are unavailable. Using third-party providers is recommended in this case. PS Plus subscriptions may also include additional charges.
Check out these steps below for guidance:
- Open Amazon’s website.
- Search for Playstation Plus.
- Select a PS Plus subscription titled ‘Digital Code’ from the list.
- To avoid scams, choose a listing with high reviews.
- Make the payment and confirm your order.
Redeem PS PLUS Subscription
You can redeem your PS Plus subscription by following the steps below:
- Navigate to the Redeem Codes page on the PS Store.
- Enter your Amazon digital code now.
- To complete the process, click Confirm and press R2.
- It’s now safe to play your favorite online games!
PS Plus or online payments may not work on your current PS4 system version. Updating your console can rule this out. Update your PS4 with these steps:
- Open the PlayStation 4 Settings page.
- Go to System Software Update.
- If an update is available, click OK to install it.
- When your PS4 is off, hold down the power button for a few seconds until you hear a second beep.
- Afterward, connect your controller and press PS.
- To reset your PlayStation 4, select the Initialize PS4 option.
It is my pleasure to thank you for spending time reading this article, PS4 Mastercard Problem. You can ask anything related to this article via the contact forum section. It would be greatly appreciated if you could pass this article on to your family and friends to show your support.