Video gaming on a gaming platform is not only popular among youngsters and teenagers, but also among young adults. Every gamer desires to capture their gameplay and share it on social media and video streaming websites.
You can record PlayStation 4 gameplay with the built-in recording tool while playing video games. You can post the recorded video to YouTube and Facebook. However, when recording on PS4, you can only record up to 60 minutes of gameplay.
You must use a PS4 screen recorder on your computer to record more than an hour of gameplay. A Capture Card is required if you want to ensure superior video quality and stream your gameplay on Twitch.
This article will show you how to record PS4 gameplay using all of the available methods.
METHOD 1: Recording on PS4 Using the Built-In Tool
Using the PS4’s default recording tool is the simplest way to record gameplay. There are, moreover, some restrictions that you must be aware of. The standard recording time on the PS4 is 15 minutes, and you can only adjust the period up to 60 minutes. This means you can’t record a game for more than 60 minutes. If you’re okay with the constraints, you can use the simple steps below to record PS4 gameplay for YouTube and Twitch.
- Step 1: Switch on your PS4 and press the Share button. Navigate to the Sharing and Broadcasts tab.
- Step 2: Select the Duration of Video Clip option under Sharing and Broadcasts. You can set the recording duration to up to 60 minutes here.
- Step 3: Go to the Audio Sharing Settings option if you wish to record your gameplay with your voice. Select “Include Mic in Video Clip.”
- Step 4: Start your game, and whenever you feel the desire to begin recording, click the Share key twice on your PS4. The recording will begin instantly in the background and will stop when the duration limit is reached. You can, even so, end the recording by tapping the Share button twice more.
- Step 5: You can locate the recorded video in the Capture Media library of the main menu.
METHOD 2: Screen Recording on PS4 via PC
In most cases, your gameplay will last longer than an hour, so the PS4’s built-in screen recorder will be ineffective. You must use screen recorder software on your computer if you desire to record your gameplay for even more than an hour. To record your gameplay with audio, we recommend Wondershare Filmora. There will be no recording time constraint, and the video quality will most likely be superior to the default screen recorder.
In fact, you can record at 4K resolution and with both audio and a webcam. Before publishing the video on various online platforms, you can edit it like a pro.
- Step 1: Wondershare Filmora should be downloaded and installed.
- Step 2: Open Wondershare Filmora as well as select New Project.
- Step 3: Go over to Record and choose the option to Record PC Screen.
- Step 4: Set the screen size to match the size of your PS4 emulator. Similarly, choose appropriate audio sources. Click the Gear icon in the bottom-right corner to access additional configurations and parameters. Make the frame rate and quality as high as possible.
- Step 5: To begin recording the screen, click the Record button. You will have a few seconds to launch the PS4 emulator and begin playing your game. When your gameplay is finished, press F9 to stop recording.