Everything you’ll want to know about PS4 Remote Play and how to access it on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android smartphone, and PS Vita is right here.
Sony’s PlayStation 4 was the most popular console of the previous generation, selling over 100 million units since its release in 2013. The PS4 has undergone several modifications since its initial release, both in terms of hardware and software.
Still, one feature that has remained constant is Remote Play PS4, which permits you to play your favorite PS4 games from anywhere that has an elevated internet connection.
Even though the functionality has been available on the PS4 for quite some time, not many people are aware of it. So, without further ado, here’s everything you’ll need to learn about PS4 Remote Play and how to utilize it on your PC, Mac, iPhone, Android, or PS Vita.
What am I going to need for PS4 Remote Play?
Before we dive into how to set up and use PS4 Remote Play on PC, Android, and PS Vita, let’s go over what you’ll need in aspects of software and hardware to get started. You’ll need the following to access your PS4 from anywhere:
- PlayStation 4 with Software System 3.50 or later
- Controller DualShock 4
- USB Cable
- PlayStation Network login
- Internet access with a minimum download and upload speed of 5Mbps, ideally 12Mbps.
- PS4 Remote Play Connectivity Device (PC, Mac, applicable iOS, Android, or PS Vita)
It’s also worth mentioning that if you intend to access your PS4 through your PC or Mac, you’ll be able to communicate with your friends via voice chat, so if you don’t yet have one, it may be worth the investment in a cheap gaming headset.
How to Turn on PS4 Remote Play?
Enabling remote connection to your PS4 is the first step for using PS4 Remote Play to connect your PS4 from anywhere in the world. Turn on your PS4, go to Settings > Remote Play Connection Settings, and then confirm the ‘Enable Remote Play‘ checkbox.
To be capable of remotely accessing your best games, established your console as your Primary PS4 – it’s not required, but it makes the setup process a lot simpler.
Many people will have activated it in the initial setup of their PS4, but if you haven’t already, go to Settings > PlayStation Network/Account Management > Activate as Your Primary PS4 and Select Activate.
Finally, you should allow Remote Play to turn on the PS4 while it is in Rest mode; you don’t want to leave your PS4 on all the time, do you? To enable it, go to Settings > Power Save Settings > Set Features Available in Rest Mode and ensure that ‘Stay connected to the network‘ and ‘Enable Turning On PS4 from Network‘ are both checked.
That’s all! Aside from the initial setup for the device on which you’ll be playing (which we’ll cover later), your PS4 is now ready for Remote Play.
How to Use PS4 Remote Play on a Computer or a Mac?
- From the Sony website, download and install the PS4 Remote Play client for PC and Mac.
- Switch on your PS4.
- Link your DualShock 4 controller to your PC or Mac via Bluetooth or a Micro-USB cable.
- Select Start when you launch PS4 Remote Play on your PC or Mac.
- Sign in using your PlayStation Network account – this needs to be the same acct used to sign in on your PS4.
- The app will look for your PS4 and connect the two devices.
Leave a Reply