The PS4 can live stream to Twitch in two ways. You can use the PS4’s built-in broadcast capabilities or a capture card.
Using the PS4 broadcast feature, you can stream to Twitch:
- Connect your Twitch acct to your PlayStation 4.
- Start your PS4 and go to the Settings menu from the home screen.
- Account Management is the first option, followed by “link with other services.”
- Choose the streaming service you intend to use, in this case, Twitch.
- Enter your Twitch username and password. You must use another device’s web browser to enter a Twitch activation code.
- Begin broadcasting from your PlayStation 4.
- Start up the game you want to stream on Twitch.
- On your PS4 controller, press the Share button.
- Choose Broadcast Gameplay from the Share menu that is displayed on the left.
- On the Broadcast Gameplay page, assign Twitch as your streaming platform.
- Adjust your video settings, including video quality and stream name. You can also use your PlayStation Camera and microphone to go live.
- End your stream by pressing the Share button on your controller again, going to the Share menu, and selecting Broadcast Settings, then Stop Broadcasting.
Using a PS4 and a capture card, you can stream to Twitch;
1) Connect your PS4 to your capture card, and then connect your capture card to your computer.
2) If your capture card has a microphone and headphone jack, you can also connect your headset and controller.
3) If your capture card lacks a microphone and headphone jack, connect your controller and headphones to a mic/audio splitter. The splitter should then be connected to the capture card, and the capture card to the computer. For commentary, you’ll need to connect a standalone mic to your laptop with this setup.
4) Install your live streaming service (for example, we’ll use OBS).
5) Start OBS and navigate to the Settings menu.
6) Select Twitch as your streaming service from the Stream tab. Use your stream key to connect to your Twitch account.
7) In Settings, go to the Advanced tab and make sure your Process Priority is set to High or Above Normal.
8) Use the Video and Audio tabs to change the video and audio settings. Remember that the highest resolution and frame rate Twitch can support are 1080p and 60 frames per second.
9) Begin your stream.
10) In OBS, add your capture card as a source.
11) In the streaming window, arrange sources to create new scenes that can improve your stream. At this point, you can add overlays, your webcam, a chat window, or other elements.
12) Once everything is in place, click Start Streaming in OBS.
You can also use the PS4 Remote Play client if you don’t have a capture card and want to stream to multiple platforms at once. You can remotely capture your PS4 gameplay on your computer and stream it using encoding software such as OBS. When you connect Restream to OBS, you can broadcast to Twitch as well as multiple other platforms at the same time.